Gaggia Evolution 16100 Espresso Machine: Coffemaker With Style
If you want your espressos faster than express, the Gaggia Evolution is the way to go. It has a dual-heating element boiler with a heat up time that is incomparable to other espresso machines in the industry.
Measuring 13-2/5 by 8-2/3 by 10-3/5 inches, the design is more architectural than other Gaggia machines but the good stuff in the internal components that are characteristic of a Gaggia are still there.
What sets this machine apart from others is it’s designed to please “coffee snobs” as well as “grab and go” types who just want to enjoy great coffee but not think about it too much.
The commercial style filter basket is designed for those who aim to perfect their barista techniques and the Perfect Crema Device is for those who want a quick cup of perfectly made espresso.
100% NATURAL GREEN COFFEE BEAN EXTRACT Claim Your Risk FREE Bottle Today While Supplies Last And Reduce Your Body Weight by 10.5%!
Very easy to use and learn how to use, Gaggia 16100 lives up to its promise of consistently delivering a demitasse of creamy, tasty, robust, and flavorful espresso in every pull.
Its Features Include:
- Commercial-style brew group and sleek thermo-set plastic housing
- 55-watt pump; dual-heating element boiler provides exceptionally fast heat-up time
- 44-ounce reservoir; Illy pod capable; easy-to-use controls; turbo milk-frothing wand
- 2 stainless-steel filter baskets, coffee tamper, and measuring scoop included
What’s Good About Gaggia 16100?
- It really does warm up very quickly, about 5 minutes or so. Just enough time to prepare all the materials and ingredients (grind beans, take out milk, get coffee cup and water, etc).
- Can produce a double shot in just 25 seconds, thanks to its powerful pressure.
- It not only heats up the boiler very fast but also froths milk in under a minute.
- Very easy to use. One touch buttons and dial to adjust steam are very convenient. It is also very easy to fill with water.
- The written manual as well as the CD is very helpful. It also includes nice to know information about espressos and coffees.
- Produces great espresso as it promises it would.
- The froth wand is amazing; it produces the perfect froth each time. Results are very consistent.
- Maintenance is easy. Cleaning this machine is as easy as 1,2,3. Read the manual and follow maintenance steps for proper care of this machine.
- Machine has just the perfect amount of power and it is not loud.
- Moderately priced for a machine this quality. It’s not the cheapest in the market but the price is definitely worth it.
Gaggia Evolution 16100 – Some Things To Consider:
- This is not really a negative but coffee fans know this is a must for you to get the perfect espresso but I will include this anyway: freshly ground beans in a burr grinder make the biggest difference. Gaggia Evolution isn’t very forgiving with most pre-ground coffee, the beans need to be ground just right. Always specify it’s for a commercial portafilter and most of the time you the grinds needs to be a degree coarser. (a burr grinder is a great additional investment)
- The drip tray can be improved. It needs to be emptied more than once a week which can be a hassle for some.
- The tamper is not as sturdy as one would expect from a Gaggia.
- Casing is not really all that.
- Water tank is a tad bit smaller than expected
- It gets really hot really fast so be careful not to burn yourself.
- has a little learning curve using the machine, but after that it gets easy
Gaggia Evolution 16100 – Summary:
Gaggia 16100 is certainly recommended especially for those who have a busy lifestyle but want to enjoy a perfect cup of espresso every time without having to do much work. It will also pass the test of the most discriminating coffee lover’s standards. An investment that needs to go with this espresso machine is a good burr grinder because it works best with fresh grinds. A great choice! This is most definitely recommended.
Click here to read our next review: Alicia Delonghi coffee maker.
I’ve gotten my espresso routine down and find that it doesn’t take much time at all to make a good cup, certainly less than waiting in line twice at Starbucks.
Since getting this machine, I’ve made at least one drink per day, sometimes two. I’ve even gotten my wife drinking lattes. You can’t go wrong with this one!
featured, Gaggia 16100, Gaggia 16100 Evolution, Gaggia black, Gaggia Evolution