Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central Coffeemaker
12-cup CuisinartDCC-1200 features advanced brewing technology. As any coffee lover knows, the key to great coffee is good water. Because of this, they’ve made this coffee maker with a charcoal water filter! It also has a permanent coffee basket so there’s no need for paper filters.
Other convenient features include an indicator light that lets you know when the machine needs to be cleaned, an auto-pause feature so you can get a cup of coffee while it’s still brewing, a temperature-controlled warming plate, and a digital timer that can be programmed so your coffee is waiting for you in the morning!
100% NATURAL GREEN COFFEE BEAN EXTRACT Claim Your Risk FREE Bottle Today While Supplies Last And Reduce Your Body Weight by 10.5%!
What’s Good About It?
- The charcoal water filter removes, calcium, chlorine, bad odours and tastes from your water. This means you get the absolute best cup of coffee possible.
- If you hate hassling with paper filters that tear, make a mess, and get grounds in your carafe, you’ll love the permanent filter basket!
- It has a neat temperature-controlled warmer that can be set the way you like it – high, medium or low depending on how hot you like your coffee.
- The carafe fits securely and is difficult to knock loose (which is nice if you have kids).
- Convenient brew-pause feature lets you get coffee without having to wait.
- Auto shut-off means you don’t have to worry if you forget to turn off the machine.
- Made of brushed stainless-steel, this coffee maker looks great in any kitchen.
- It’s a small feature, but very convenient – the coffee maker beeps five times when the coffee is done, and also once before the warmer shuts off.
- An indicator light lets you know when the machine needs to be cleaned, so you always get good coffee and can keep the machine running at its best.
- Rather than the standard 1-year warranty, this coffee maker is covered for three years.
- The filter basket isn’t really big enough. If you overfill it, when the grounds get wet they can spill out and make a mess. As long as you’re careful not to overfill it, you should be fine.
- The charcoal filters will need to be replaced periodically. However, it’s easy to change them, and they aren’t expensive.
- It claims to be “self-cleaning” but all that really means is that there’s a light that lets you know when it’s time to run vinegar through to get the calcium deposits out of the machine.
- The water reservoir is a bit narrow, so you have to be careful when you pour the water in.
The Bottom Line:
Cuisinart was smart in realizing that good water makes good coffee. That’s why the Cuisinart DCC-1200, with its innovative charcoal filter, really delivers a great, restaurant-quality brew. Aside from a few minor inconveniences, it’s an ideal coffee maker for regular home use.
All the programmable features let you have your coffee just the way you like it, exactly when you want it. The fact that you don’t have to buy and hassle with paper features makes up for having to occasionally replace the charcoal filter. All-in-all, this is a great machine for the price. Plus, you get a good three-year warranty to back up the quality Cuisinart name.
Click here to read our review of the Gaggia 16100 coffee maker.
My friend had this model – one taste of her coffee and I was hooked. I threw out my old coffee maker and bought my own Cuisinart DCC 1200. I absolutely love this coffee pot. Not only does it make amazing coffee, it’s so easy to program. I highly recommend it.
This is the first carafe that doesn’t spill coffee all over the place when you pour it. That alone makes it a great buy.
The coffee it makes is so good! I love the charcoal filter. Best coffee I’ve ever had from a home machine.
Next post: Braun KF580 10-Cup Coffee Maker12 cup coffeemaker, Cuisinart DCC-1200